[hatari-devel] [hatari-users] Note on hard disk images and GEMDOS drives

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sun Nov 15 14:13:13 CET 2009

Hi,

(Moving this to hatari-devel as it's getting technical... :-))

On Sunday 15 November 2009, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> I found that when trying to write an error code is returned, but HDDRUTIL
> doesn't yet display an error message. I have fixed that.

Thanks!

> > In current GEMDOS emulation setting of file timestamp is explicitly
> > disabled.    I assume this is to avoid lots of files with "broken"
> > timestamps from programs that cannot handle timestamps from
> > this millenium.
>
> An option to enable the timestamp handling would be useful.

Currently Hatari has some ifdefs on whether saving onto GEMDOS partition
is enabled.  I think I'll change that to be a run-time option first.  Then
allow Atari programs to set files writable and lastly look into whether
allowing timestamps makes sense.