[hatari-devel] pkg-config portaudio complainments...

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Thu Oct 8 23:25:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Friday 09 October 2009, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> I commited the file move, but unfortunately I couldn't get rid of
> the warnings...
>
> > > (By changing in Makefile.cnf the evaluating ":=" assignment for
> > > portaudio pkg-config values to deferred "=" assignment and doing the
> > > evaluating assigment in falcon/Makefile CFLAGS (to avoid pkg-config
> > > being run for all falcon/*.c files).)
>
> ...because this:
> ifneq ($(PORTAUDIO_LIBS),)
>
> will anyway cause this to be evaluated:
> PORTAUDIO_LIBS = $(shell pkg-config --libs portaudio-2.0)
>
> when Makefiles include Makefile.cnf.  :-/

But one can always just comment out or remove these lines when copying
Makefile-default.cnf to Makefile.cnf.

Note: when configure support is added for this portaudio stuff (should
be similar to the libpng stuff in configure.ac except that it might use
pkg-config check), the pkg-config complaints won't be an issue because
the required values are then saved directly to Makefile.cnf created by
configure, no pkg-config needs then to be run when make is invoked.