[hatari-devel] [Crossbar emulation] : some infos

npomarede at corp.free.fr npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sun Sep 20 11:55:06 CEST 2009

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:

> I'm using a standard Kate.
>
> I'll upload it's correct name with my next changes.
>
> regards,
>
> Laurent

I'm using kate too, and never saw it refusing to open a file with some
unknown character (the "é" is correctly displayed, but I never use UTF8)

As Eero wrote too, maybe we should stick to one convention to encode all
the source files in case some non ascii characters are used ?

UTF8 is supposed to be the most portable, but as we can see on berlios the
"é" character is not correctly displayed in the commit log or in the diff,
and many environment don't fully support utf8, so as I think we're all
using european variations, maybe we should use iso8859-15 (which only use
1 byte per char in all the case, instead of the variable encoding used by
utf8).

Nicolas