[hatari-devel] DSP stack problems (overflow / underflow)

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Mon Aug 10 21:50:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Monday 10 August 2009, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> I've uploaded a fix in stack management (it may correct some very rare
> case, when the coder plays with the SSH register). I've verified some
> demos and programs for non regression. The patch seems OK to me.

I checked some the three things in compat list that were earlier getting
stack overflows:

* Reservoir Gods: Are you sitting comfortably?
  - Seems to get further before fails, no DSP overflow

* Toons: Yepyha
* Digital Chaos: Built-in Obsolescence
   - Still say "Dsp: Stack Overflow"

Didn't notice any regression in the other things I quickly checked.

> Now, I think that the dsp Overflow/underflow we encounter with some
> programs are due to the instructions we emulate and not to the stack
> management.
>
> I'll try to correct this as soon as possible.

Still for the release?

Btw. Thomas, I noticed that I can switch in the system dialog DSP on
(from off) without Hatari reseting the emulation.  Without reset it doesn't
work as expected...