[hatari-devel] Further debugger changes for the Hatari v1.3 release

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Mon Aug 10 09:03:45 CEST 2009

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:12:55 +0300
Eero Tamminen <eerot at users.berlios.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (I put this to the devel-list as this will be user visible change.)
>
> On Saturday 08 August 2009, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 August 2009, npomarede at corp.free.fr wrote:
> > > Could it be possible to map 'pause' key to pause and shift+pause
> > > to enter the debugger?
>
> It will be AltGr + Pause.
>
> This is what the Hatari shortcut handling expects and it doesn't
> support specifying other modifiers.
>

> > -D option could then switch pause & debugger keys around...
>
> I made it to switch just which one needs the AltGr modifier key.  And
> you can do that also from the debugger with "setopt -D" if you forgot
> the -D option from the command line.  And btw, -D is still needed for
> exception debugging, that cannot be enabled by default.

Right, -D turns exception debugging on. But I think we should rather get
rid of the -D option one day and add a debugger command to break on
arbitrary exceptions instead (so one could e.g. also tell Hatari to
call the debugger when a "trap #1" occurs), but there is no hurry, we
can still do that later, after the release.

> I also renamed keyDebug config file option to more appropriate
> keyPause and added keyDebugger option (as keyDebug is now set in
> people's config files to Pause key).

Ok, that makes sense.

By the way, does the python-ui still work fine with all those latest
debugger changes (I have to admit that I haven't tried it since a long
time...)

> Btw.  Some projects have some nicely rhyming names for their releases.
> What if this release would be called e.g. "Do the (DSP) Debug"?

That's a funny idea :-) Are there any other suggestion or is Eero's
suggestion fine for everybody?

 Thomas