[hatari-devel] Latest Hatari HG version gets stuck sometimes

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Fri Jul 17 12:06:58 CEST 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 00:38:06 +0200 (CEST)
npomarede at corp.free.fr wrote:

> While trying to fix another demo, I tried to restore a fresh snapshot
> and was lucky enough to get the reported crash problem when restoring
> it :)
>
> This is with the latest head sources, so with the sequence :
>
>          Video_ClearOnVBL();
>
>          Video_StartInterrupts(PendingCyclesOver);
>
>          ShortCut_ActKey();
>
> I get the same wrong value for LineCycle in ConvertPosition, but this
> is due to a wrong value of nHBL. My value is 53, but this is the
> first line of the VBL, it should be 0 !
>
> Adding
>  	fprintf ( stderr, "capt %d\n" , nHBL );
>
> at the end of Video_MemorySnapShot_Capture, I can see that the
> restored value for nHBL is indeed 53. So the problem is in the saved
> snapshot.
>
> Thomas, do you know how this is possible ? I thought snapshots were
> captured only during the VBL handler, which means nHBL should be 0
> and saved this way.

I don't know ... nHBL should always be cleared on Video_ClearOnVBL !?!
How did you create the snapshot (shortcut? GUI? Python-UI?)?
Can you somehow reproduce such faulty snapshots? Then you could add an
assert(nHBL == 0) to Video_MemorySnapShot_Capture to analyse the
problem with gdb.

 Thomas