[hatari-devel] Mouse ungrab, palette?

npomarede at corp.free.fr npomarede at corp.free.fr
Mon Jun 1 23:37:05 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Monday 01 June 2009, Thomas H. wrote:
>>> * adds --grab command line option for enabling mouse grabbing also
>>>   from command line:
>>> * ungrabs mouse when Hatari is paused (and regrabs when unpaused)
>>
>> Looks fine for me, too. Maybe just add curly braces to the if-clauses in
>> main.c (since the body of the if-clause is two lines including the
>> comment) ?
>
> Done & commited with manual updates.

>>> Any comments on the feature of forcing the default palette?
>>
>> I never used that feature in Steem, and I never missed it yet.
>> Would it be sufficient to write other color values to the color register
>> with the help of the debugger? Something like "w ff8240 0f 00" ?
>
> Seems so.  As the color registers are different for:
> - ST/e: 16x 12/16-bit entries, ff8240->ff8260
> - TT: 256x  12/16-bit entries, ff8400->ff8500
> -Falcon/Videl: 256x 24/32-bit entries, ff9800->ff9c00

But if you write to ff8240 for instance and go back to the demo, chances
are high that the demo will change ff8240 on the next VBL, so the write to
ff8240 will be lost, and you will see the altered color only for a blink
of the eye, not very useful.

If such feature is needed, I think it should be made at the convert/*c
level functions, this is the only place where you can be sure the palette
will be correctly overridden.

Nicolas