[hatari-devel] regression with mouse in custom ikbd routines

Thomas H. th.huth at gmx.de
Mon Jun 1 11:57:50 CEST 2009

> Datum: Sun, 31 May 2009 20:32:13 +0200 (CEST)
> Von: npomarede at corp.free.fr
>
> I just noticed that on dragonnels demo menu and froggies over the fence
> menu, the mouse does not react as it used to.
>
> Especially in dragonnels, moving the mouse up/down is scrolling the list
> at a very very slow pace.
>
> In transbeauce 2 main menu, which also uses custom ikbd, the keyboard
> handling is still OK, so the problem doesn't seem to be related to custom
> ikbd, but to a change to the mouse somewhere (but I can't say when the
> change happened).
>
> Perhaps someone remembers doing some modifications to the mouse recently
> that could explain this ?

According to the changelog of ikbd.c, the last important change to that file was this:

changeset:   1506:5f7b3e42e756
user:        Thomas Huth <huth at users.berlios.de>
date:        Sat Dec 27 17:38:05 2008 +0100
summary:     Introduced a new Int event handler which takes care of sending keyboard, joystick and mouse events regularly.

I changed the code so that it does not depend on video.c anymore, but uses an independent "Int"-timer to send keyboard updates. Maybe the timer frequency is not right yet. Try increasing the cycle number for Int_AddRelativeInterrupt in IKBD_InterruptHandler_AutoSend() to see whether this helps...

 Thomas