[hatari-devel] Hatari --sound option update?

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Mon May 25 01:14:51 CEST 2009

On Sun, 24 May 2009 23:52:18 +0300
Eero Tamminen <eerot at users.berlios.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently the --sound command line option alternatives are:
> 	off, low, med, hi
>
> Any comments on how these alternatives should be changed now
> that we have internally more sound HZ values to select from?

Use --sound <hz> to specify the sample value directly?

> PS. Thomas, I noticed that "sMidiInFileName" and "sMidiOutFileName"
> are only string options not starting with "sz".  Was this[1] a typo
> or is the intention to change all configuration strings to start only
> with "s"?

The "z" means zero-terminated. It's a naming convention that was
used in the WinSTon source code. But since all C strings are zero
terminated by default, I think this is quite silly. So I don't use it
for new code anymore. Changing the other config strings would be nice,
but it would break all existing config files and people might start to
complain...

 Thomas