[hatari-devel] Wii port

Thomas Huth th.huth at gmx.de
Sat May 23 22:02:55 CEST 2009

On Sat, 23 May 2009 18:51:13 +0200
Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Thomas Huth a écrit :
> > On Wed, 20 May 2009 09:43:16 +0200
> > Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> >
> >> I made some test with the latest build of Hatari Wii. It's working
> >> pretty well, ith demos and some games. Nice job !
> >>
> >> Does the patch are merged in the berlios repository ?
> >
> > Sorry, no, the full patch was rather a hack than a clean solution,
> > so it has not been applied. We asked the author to clean it up, but
> > he did not respond anymore.
> >
> I got his sources and is SDL implementation for Wii (not the
> 'official' wii SDL port, but his own, he work on keyboard and mouse
> emulation for the wii).
> I have also installed all the stuff needed to build Wii "GEKKO" apps
> (DevKitPro) and can build his version. I will try to incorporate
> latest sources of Hatari.
>
> But I do not know wha to do "to clean it up". Some hacks are very
> very specific to the Wii (no windows, no mouse/keybord API).

Have a look at the discussion back in january:

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/hatari-devel/2009q1/thread.html#32

There are a lot of unnecessary SDL_Delay()s, a lot of hard coded paths
that rather should be handled by a proper configuration file and he
also introduced another implementation of scandir, though the existing
implementation could be used.

 Thomas