[hatari-devel] MiNT and Hatari drives

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Wed Mar 4 22:57:45 CET 2009

Hi,

On Saturday 28 February 2009, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Mtools seems to have "MTOOLS_NO_VFAT=1" configuration option for that.
>
> Cool, I was search for such an option when I wrote the zip2st.sh
> script... but I did not expect an environment variable, that's why I
> didn't find that.

Oh, I thought it could be set only in the configuration file, I hadn't
expect it to work as environment variable either.  :-)

This made the HD-image creation script also nicer (now commited to
repository).

The problem is that although it seems to initially work for smaller images
with EmuTOS:
- If I remove something from the HD partition within the emulation,
  EmuTOS starts showing bogus disk size (too large)[1]
- TOS/HDDriver demo recognizes it only in --ide mode, but for
  some reason hddriver.prg triggers Hatari debugger twice
  (even when -D isn't used)
- TOS/Cecile bombs with the resulting image

[1] But I've had other problems with EmuTOS even for harddisk
partitioning etc done using Atari programs, so it could be
an EmuTOS bug.

Could you test it a bit and see if there are any obvious issues?
The debugger issue is strange.

> I've also applied this to zip2st.sh now and it works very well!

I did some additional changes to it (more user friendliness).