[hatari-devel] MacOsX GUI

Thomas Huth th.huth at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 00:20:05 CET 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:49:05 +0200
Eero Tamminen <eerot at users.berlios.de> wrote:

> > - Enable Bios/Xbios Interception (bBiosIntercept). Same, thing, a
> > menu in Emulator. I don't even know what's it's supposed to do.
>
> It might be useful if you want to debug what Bios/XBios operations
> Atari programs do.  It also redirects Atari print screen
> functionality to create Hatari screen dump.
>
> I.e. basically the debug & biosintercept are not really sensible in
> the UI.

These functions are only useful for debugging. I don't think that you
need it in the normal OS X GUI... and it will only confuse the normal
users.

> > - Fast Forward: I suppose that's it's also a flags.
> >
> > Do these flags can be changed while Hatari is running ?

You can already toggle the fast forward mode with the COMMAND-x shortcut
on OS X, I think.

> > There is also some option (I think) that may be running option only:
> >
> > Trace Parameter,
> > Socket to read option
> > File to save log output
> > Log Level
> > Dialog for log level.
>
> Except for socket option, these can be changed at run-time, but you're
> responsible for applying the changes.  With socket option the point
> is that you control Hatari through the socket, not through something
> else.
>
> Unless you're showing the traces or logs in the UI, they don't make
> sense in the UI.

Right, especially since you're normally do not use a terminal window on
OS X, these options are useless in the GUI for the normal users.

> > Then I really need to add the new Hardisk management. IDE
> > Emulation, for example. In the CLI, IDE emulation is an option at
> > launch. It should be a option that can be change thru preferences.
> > But the way it's done for the moment make this impossible. It's not
> > an option wich are written in the pref
> > file. IDE_Init() is called only one time, at startup. If I change
> > Hardisk Emulation parameters like these, while Atari is running,
> > it's not working at all, even with a Cold Boot.

IDE emulation is still work-in-progress. I also haven't added it to the
normal SDL GUI yet. I'll do that somewhen in the future when I've got
some more spare time.

 Thomas