[hatari-devel] MacOsX GUI

Jerome Vernet vernet.jerome at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 16 17:53:53 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm currently looking on the MacosX version, to add some new options and
features to the GUI:

Running Flags (not options, saved in the preference file: flags that
change the way Hatari run):
- Enable Debugger (bEnableDebug): done by adding a dedicated menu item
in Emulator. I also need to implement a pause item, to get the debugger
UI, as there is no pause key on Mac...
- Enable Bios/Xbios Interception (bBiosIntercept). Same, thing, a menu
in Emulator. I don't even know what's it's supposed to do.
- Fast Forward: I suppose that's it's also a flags.

Do these flags can be changed while Hatari is running ?

There is also some option (I think) that may be running option only:

Trace Parameter,
Socket to read option
File to save log output
Log Level
Dialog for log level.

Then I really need to add the new Hardisk management. IDE Emulation, for
example. In the CLI, IDE emulation is an option at launch. It should be
a option that can be change thru preferences. But the way it's done for
the moment make this impossible. It's not an option wich are written in
the pref
file. IDE_Init() is called only one time, at startup. If I change
Hardisk Emulation parameters like these, while Atari is running, it's
not working at all, even with a Cold Boot.
Another thing will be to add the multiple folder Hard Disk
(ConfigureParams.HardDisk.bUseHardDiskDirectories ?).

Can CLI Hatari have multiple Hardrive (like this hatari --ide hdd1
--acsi hdd2 --hardisk \user\jvernet\hdd3) ?

Jerome

// Define the HD flag, and export the HD path if one is selected
   if ([[hdImage stringValue] length] > 0)
   {

       if([useIDEHD state]==NSOnState)            //useIDEHD is a
button to say that IDE emulation is on or off.
       { // configure for IDE EMULATION
           EXPORT_TEXTFIELD(hdImage,
ConfigureParams.HardDisk.szIdeHardDiskImage);
           ConfigureParams.HardDisk.bUseIdeHardDiskImage=TRUE;
           ConfigureParams.HardDisk.bUseHardDiskImage = FALSE;
       } else
       {//Configure for normal -ACSI- emulation
           EXPORT_TEXTFIELD(hdImage,
ConfigureParams.HardDisk.szHardDiskImage);
           ConfigureParams.HardDisk.bUseHardDiskImage = TRUE;
           ConfigureParams.HardDisk.bUseIdeHardDiskImage=FALSE;
       }
   }
   else
   {