[hatari-devel] [Patch #2689] Fixes to allow compilation under Visual Studio

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Tue Feb 10 23:20:16 CET 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 10 February 2009, Kenneth Kaufman wrote:
> > Casts are pretty ugly. Using correct enum typedefs looks cleaner
> > though, could you separate that stuff from the casts, make sure that it
> > doesn't cause extra warnings and mail the patch e.g. directly to me?
>
> Fair enough ^_^.
>
> Right, i've applied the type-def's to each appropriate area in the
> attached patch. This patch just includes the type def changes

I split, applied & pushed a part of these.

(Thomas, I did also some cleanup to gemdos.c static fsfirst_* functions, you
might check the "remove redundant code, check for missing PATHSEP" commit
closer.)

I also moved INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE to scandir.c as it's needed only by
Windows.  If it's defined by VC6, other Windows Hatari users should check
what include their compilers need to get that defined (instead of it being
defined in Hatari code).

> and some include files to support the type-def changes (for example
> i've #included "log.h" and "SDL_keysym.h" in the "configuration.h" file

In general Thomas doesn't like include files including other includes.

> so that nTextLogLevel and nAlertDlgLogLevel can be type LOGTYPE.

That part also adds more code.  I added that as separate patch to this
mail for commenting.

Thomas?

> This patch also compiles in C with no errors.

While this is otherwise nice:
-int dsp56k_do_execute(void *th_dsp_core)
+int dsp56k_do_execute(dsp_core_t * th_dsp_core)

It conflicts with the SDL thread create function pointer type so I dropped
it.

> I had a go on Obsession, great game, still has its charms even now..
> though I hope someone can fix the colours, they seem a little erratic?

What's the problem with them?

Don't they look OK:
	http://hatari.berlios.de/scrshots4.html
?