[hatari-devel] Control.c does not compile...

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Thu Jan 29 22:13:35 CET 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 29 January 2009, Thomas Huth wrote:
> As far as I remember, SDL_config.h was not available in older versions
> of the SDL, it must be a rather new header file.
> I suggest to simply use a autoconf test for the availability of this
> header file here... that's quite easy and should fix this problem.

OK, fix commited.  (it was indeed easy)

Btw. For some reason configure doesn't seem to be run with correct compiler
options (sdl-config --cflags), so it needs to check for SDL/SDL_config.h
although code uses just SDL_config.h.

If SDL_config.h is missing, the control.c now just assumes that SDL doesn't
support X11.  (One can use -DSDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11 to build Hatari window
embedding support even when SDL_config.h is missing.)

> > (At the same time you could try fixing also configure.ac SDL
> > detection. It doesn't seem to work if sdl.m4 file is missing.)
>
> You only need sdl.m4 if you want to re-create the configure script with
> autoconf/aclocal. If the autotools can't find them because they are
> placed in the wrong directory, then the autotools setup is broken and
> not Hatari!

Good point.  Autotools could have better warnings for these though...