[hatari-devel] reset needed when reloading a snapshot

Thomas Huth th.huth at gmx.de
Sat Jan 24 14:31:07 CET 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:15:46 +0100 (CET)
npomarede at corp.free.fr wrote:

> my hatari configuration is by default set to STF.
>
> When I sometimes want to debug an STE problem, I turn hatari to STE,
> run the program and do a snapshot that I can reload later.
>
> Now, when reloading the STE snapshot (system is STF), I'm prompted to
> reset hatari for the changes to take effect. This is annoying,
> because this means you first load the snapshot, then reset (so you're
> no more at the point you wanted to restore in the snapshot), then
> reload the snapshot again which is accepted since hatari was reset to
> STE.

Good hint. Actually I was only using the keyboard shortcuts and
command line parameters to load and save snapshots, so I never noticed
this ugly behaviour. I've now fixed the GUI code to continue emulation
immediately after a snapshot has been loaded, so this problem should be
fixed now.

 Cheers,
  Thomas