[hatari-devel] Improving color alignment with pixels

npomarede at corp.free.fr npomarede at corp.free.fr
Tue Dec 23 00:04:46 CET 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, Jean-Baptiste Berlioz wrote:

> Just before i trashed my Ubuntu installation, i did dome tests with mixed YM
> and DMA sounds, i don't know if theses problems are know:
> - Playing DMA samples make YM sounds very noisy
> - DMA sounds starts too late
> - DMA volume is too high (or YM too low)
>
> It was tested against an MegaSTE.

Yes, it's clear the DMA sound is not perfect yet. YM/DMA mixing as done by
the lmc chip must be improved (it also controls the volume). Current lmc
implementation is close to 0 if I recall correctly. One possible way to
improve it could be to port some of the code used in sc68.

It's also possible there're some delays or cumulated offsets in dma sound,
Evil/DHS reported a problem with 'More or less zero' where dma sound is
not synchronised with the gfx under hatari.

> Have a nice christmas :)
> Jean-Baptiste

Yes, holidays are coming ; I will be off for 2 weeks, so don't expect any
code from me :)

Nicolas