[hatari-devel] Improving color alignment with pixels

npomarede at corp.free.fr npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sun Dec 21 19:14:32 CET 2008

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008, Thomas Huth wrote:

> Moving this thread to the new list at berlios.de ...
>
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:15:58 +0100 (CET)
> npomarede at corp.free.fr wrote:

> Sounds ok for me, I also don't have a idea for a real better solution
> (with good performance).

I just committed a patch to do this. As we only have to differentiate
between cpu and blitter at the bus level, I added a variable named
'BusMode' which is by default BUS_MODE_CPU.
When the blitter starts working, it sets BusMode to BUS_MODE_BLITTER.
When done, it sets it back to BUS_MODE_CPU.

This way, the overhead is minimal and I don't think we should see any
performance impact (no modification to IoMem functions required and no
parameter to add).

Tobé, you can now adjust blitter specific timings in cycles.c and
spec512.c (I might put the special case of spec512.c in cycles.c too, so
only cycles.c will be relevant).

By knowing how many words were already processed by the blitter, you
should be able to determine how many cycles should be added to have a
precise value of the write cycle and obtain correct color alignment and
border removal with the blitter.

Nicolas